Reduced-Fat & Sugar Chocolate Pound Cake2020-01-13
- Yield: 1lb. 12oz.
- Servings: 8-10
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 50m
- Ready In: 60m
- 1/4 cups cacao powder
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 7 Tbsp. unsulted butter
- 1 cup of organic stevia blend
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
1. Stir together flour, cacao powder, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside
2. Cream the butter in a bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Then add the stevia and honey. Cream well.
3. Add the egg and egg whites 1 at a time waiting for each 1 to be incorporated completely.
4. Fold in the flour and buttermilk alternately in 3 additions.
5. Spread the batter into a greased loaf pan.
6. Bake 350 for 50-60 minutes Cool 10 minutes and then remove from pan. Completely cool before slicing.
( Specifically made for a person recently gone through Bariatric Surgery)